February 15, 2012

The Awkward Moment When... You Unexpectedly Come Up With A Poem

The awkward moment when you're brainfartting in the middle of writing a song.

The awkward moment when you use the word brainfart.

Yes, my word. Love it.

Haven't been writing songs lately as I've been super duper busy with school and wasting my time. Haha. I just hate those moments. I feel so left behind. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to write more and have a wave of lyrics wash ashore in my brain. (that sounded so cool!)

I do have a poem? Does that help? (:

Don't go back.
Pressing rewind will only cause harm.
The heart will rip,
Holes will be made.
Shine with light, as good memories are to be remembered.
The past is misery,
Our preconception of our foregoing.

Open up to tomorrow,
Take a step in.
Don't be scared, shy.
The day will suck you in but you're safe.
The tears in your heart will stitch.
The tears in your eyes will dry.
Smile. We have the light in our eyes.
Take a look at our fate.
We can move on.


^ I guess I'm just one of those people that when I dwell on the past, I'm haunted by bad memories. Some good, but you know...

The sun will come out tomorrow. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment