February 6, 2010

Creative Thoughts

Do you ever wonder where a songwriter keeps all of his/or her songs? Do they keep the songs in a notebook? On a laptop? On a scrap piece of paper? Where? Where? Where? Personally, I think keeping a notebook is handy. Many songwriters (and writers in general) use a notebook but some perfer other items. (laptops, scrap paper... ect)

My song notebook isn't the neatest notebook in the world. Its full of ideas, doodles, "autographs", and of course, lyrics. Some pages of the notebook are REALLY neat. I mean, REALLY neat that it scares me. Sometimes its just plain messy. Ususally my best songs are messy because I keep on editing them over and over and over again. Then again, the songs that are written really neatly are also pretty good. Here is a page from my songbook.



See what I mean? THIS is what I call messy. The song is "Different Kind of Perfect" (which has already been posted on the blog)

Some pages are a bit NEATER...



DON'T JUDGE ME!!! My printing is normally neater. For some odd reason, I like to keep my songbook messy... it brings character.

PS- Normally, I would have freaked if I saw myself posting some pages of my songbook onto this blog... but I decided it would at least make the blog a tinsey bit more interesting... don't you agree??? :D

P.S.S- On the first song... the song is pretty much on one page... on the second song, I just posted the first side of the page, the song is double sided.

No comments:

Post a Comment