April 1, 2012

Thank You Shakespeare

In school we'reading Romeo and Juliet, so it's quite understandable that I wrote a poem of this theme.
Literary devices for the win. Hahaha

Yeah, this isn't a song (which I haven't written in a while), but I still hope y'all like this!

(Currently untitled)

Is it you that captures my attention,
Across the sea where ships are lost?
And mine, my eyes are lost
Mesmerized by the light in which you shine
Brighter than the sun
Or a golden fire engulfing
The world without a care.

It is unknown how long this rose will last,
If the petals that feel like silk will fall off,
Ending love.
Will immortality strike this thorn covered flower,
Will time freeze to last love forever?

No one known how long the dove will sing,
Singing your words so lovingly.
Wishful thinking begins, that you'll come.
Someday the night will brighten with you.
You're a thief, stealing what is rightfully mine.
My heart.
I feel it beating but it's not with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment