January 17, 2010

The instrument...and paper, and pen... maybe a laptop...


I am in love with my guitar... I don't know what I could do without it. I used to write lyrics without my guitar... thats true, but now I feel it's a big help. It's so much easier to create a tune for the song... and it makes your song come to life. It is helpful when you want to "test" your song out and play it. When Iwas younger, i used to think playing the guitar was "cool" and "easy". To tell you the truth, it does seem "cool" to some people. I hate to break your bubble but playing the guitar is not "super easy". Playing some notes and chords are easy but sometimes its not. Just remember... PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT. At first, I did not know how to play the guitar at all. Now, I am not a pro, or the best but I am at least decent enough that I can play a bunch of chords and notes and songs. Its a whole lot of fun to create your own songs and tunes though. Pianos come in handy too... mainly for the same reasons... playing the piano is fun too. :D
Papar and pen... ahhhhhhh... what would all writers have done without you? HAHA. Besides paper and pen, we have laptops to write anything. Stories, documents and even lyrics! Writing it all down, thats how we remember and record it. They are both portable so if you are not at home, just take your notebook and/or your laptop just in case you get some inspiration. I usually take my notebook anywhere. You never know what can race through your mind. Sometimes, I make up some lyrics and I don't have a paper or pen and suddenly BAM! I forget it. Darn! So make sure you dont forget a "future hit" It has happened to may a lot and trust me, you'll regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment