March 24, 2011

Hope, Peace, Love, and... Perfect?

I just thought that I would talk about the earthquake and tsunami that occurred in Japan. (March 11, 2011)
Why? Because the poem that I'm about to post is kind of serious and heartwarming just like the event that had occurred in Japan.
I actually wanted to post this before, around the time the earthquake and tsunami happened but I didn't have my laptop at the time.
It's very sad to see a very strong country washed away in a matter of minutes. And I really do hope that Japan will grow into an even stronger nation. I send my hope, love and prayers to Japan and I wish for the best.

On the topic for hoping and wishing for the best, I'm going to post a poem that I wrote about a year and a half ago. It's actually about finding who you are and trying to be your best but it's a very special and heartwarming poem for me because whenever I read it, it makes me stronger.

Here it goes,

Perfect

When I close my eyes,
And drift away,
I'm inside a whole new world.

I'm inside my world,
Where my dreams come true,
And I realize I'm not alone.

When the real world beckons,
I feel like I'm pressured,
To be someone I'm not.

Do I shy away?
And hide who I am,
I cannot pretend.

I don't want to be that other,
But I want to blend in.
And not stand out in the crowd.

I have to find myself,
That me that has drifted away,
I have to search far away.

The me that I am,
It's hard to change.
Am I sorry if I can't change myself?

I just keep trying,
Look upon me and realize,
That I'm not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment