July 26, 2011

My Inner Poet

Countless dreams I had of you.
Many sleepless nights.
I'd wake up from my dream,
Realizing I'm in reality.
That I can never go back.

Back to the past,
Re-live the dream.
The flashback.

I reread those words,
Butterflies in my stomach,
Flutter around.
My emotions can't hide.
You let yours fade.

I can't help but remember,
The laughs,
Our talks.
They way I'd smile and know that I'm alright.
Because I was.

Maybe it was the timing.
It was all so perfect.
Everything was.
The pieces of the puzzle fit.
Nothing shattered,
Or broken.

I can't help but notice,
Seeing you with another.
The striking pain inside of me.

Will your words be believed?
Will my pain be ceased.
It's not just you.
It's the past itself.
Will it come back?
Will life be the way it was?
Better?

It's not that.
It's the atmosphere around.
Loving, caring, amazing.
I recall those memories,
Realizing how "perfect" it was for me.

I know you're there.
You're somewhere inside.
Maybe not with me.

Now it's all washed away.

Everything between us.
Everything I had.
Everything there was.




OKAY. Here's the story behind this. I read a poem and I ended up coming up with the first half and the second half is personal... in a way. It describes two situations actually; one more personal and the other kind of imaginary.

YES, I KNOW. ANOTHER "AWKWARD" THING. No need to remind. Nothing that personal, really. It's just I still have that one song stuck in my head. :)

Fyi, I came up with this at the top of my head... and it's not edited. I thought I'd show you some rough work. Very freestyle. Want to let me know what you think?

Say hi to my inner Shakespeare. Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment